Sunday, May 2, 2010

BBC, Blessings in DC, Barnstormers and Benches....

I spent Tuesday and Wednesday on a recruiting trip in PA at BBC with the Merson family, May and Dessa! It was fun times goofing off at the booth, playing with Lilah and spending time with Michelle and May's college friends. The part that was not so fun was that it was 20 degrees colder at BBC than it was at RVR. We were not prepared for the snow flurries that we had in PA!

On Thursday we had an outdoor edd. group in! I teamed up with Matt to lead initiatives. After lunch Taco and I had taken the rest of the day off to go see his CTI friends who were in DC. They were playing at a mission so we went to volunteer a bit and watch them play. They were great! After their concert we all went to the Mall to walk around and see the sights. They are great people and are doing wonderful things in their ministry! I was really blessed to be able to spend the evening with them!

On Friday we helped out some more with the group and then cleaned for the next one! It was beautiful outside! It has been all week! After work a group of us went to Lancaster to watch a Barnstormers minor league game! It was fun sitting in the lawn seats, hanging out, watching the game! Our tickets included all you could eat at the concession stands! That was a bonus for all of us! After the game there were fireworks!

Saturday I spent the day with Matt and a volunteer group fixing and painting benches. It was hot out there under the sun all day and I have the sun burn to prove it! By the end of the day I was tired, but the benches looked great! Then I went to babysit at the Zeigenfuses! It was just what I needed! I love playing and then snuggling with those cute little boys and sweet Abby! It was good for my soul!

Unfortunately at some point during the week I must have developed an immunity to my allergy meds. The occasional sore throat and sometimes stuffy and other times runny nose that had been off and on all week climaxed late last night. Probably because I was so tired! After a hot shower I went to bed only to toss and turn and eventually end up on the couch where I could actually breath because I was propped up higher. This morning I took another hot shower because that seems to be the only thing that helps and opted to watch Church on the computer on the couch in my comfy clothes with a roll of toilet paper. (because I don't have tissues) I do feel a bit better though... aside from needing to be attached to the toilet paper. (for my nose) I think I am going to take it easy today....laundry and the race!

2 comments:

  1. poor thing... wasn't the race on last night, in Richmond... love you babe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah... missed that one. just omit that part from the blog because it didn't happen after all! sigh.

    ReplyDelete